Wednesday, May 19, 2010

three cheers for spring!

got busy yesterday setting up seed trays with my new-found paper pot making knowledge.


i decided to do a tray of the can method & a tray of the origami method to see which ones perform better.
the origami ones feel nice & sturdy and fit better into the tray but the rolled ones made with the can are much faster & easier to make. so we'll see! :)






















some of my irises that finally bloomed this year. there are lots to come! for the last couple years i only got a bloom or two so i am really excited this year to see so many buds coming up. these particular ones are some my mom sent me years ago from washington state.











a little fledgling robin just learning to fly, taking a rest in the warm grass by the fountain outside my window. he let me get so close. i {heart} spring!

No comments: