Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A series of cards I have been working on...


Josh helped with this one...
he suggested that I add the word "ticket" instead of the phrase "photo log" that was there...
so I made a mask & stamped it out
&
voila!
perfect.
Every once in awhile Josh will wander into my studio &
calmly make a suggestion that really completes something I'm working on.

I recently acquired one of those cool little label-makers.
my Grandmother had one & labelled every thing she owned...
not kidding.
I have fond memories of it from my childhood though,
I think it appeals to my need for organization.


The centerpiece for this card came from playing
around with a technique that has been around forever (I guess) but I have just learned.
First, you stamp your image
then stamp it again on a scrap paper
cut out around it
stick it down over your original image
then stamp something else over it.
when you remove the scrap paper your original image has been protected
& you have a cool "background" all around it.
Sounds like a big pain I know
but it is so cool!

This one started out being just a more "masculine" card than the others.
Ended up being a "I miss you!"
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kiki Sayuri said...

:) the "lost without you" card is one of my favs