Tuesday, January 6, 2009

metal & glass book II

A good look at what drove me crazy for a month...I am not very good at soldering...total beginner, seriously. It took me so long to figure out how to get the mechanical part of the book to "work" & in the end, it was a suggestion from Josh that saved me. (again!) He brought me a piece of copper tubing (like you would use to hook up the water to your refrigerator dispenser) & then things really started cookin. I had been trying to use a screw as the spine; with a combination of nuts & washers as hinge parts & spacers. But I just couldn't get it all soldered on straight enough & even though I could put the book together, it didn't "work", you couldn't turn the pages. ARG!



the latchplate was a found item, I have no idea what it was meant for originally. *I wish I did...cause then maybe I could find more. lol
the hook is a regular old jewelry clasp on a tiny bit of chain with a Tim Holtz laundry pin.


another look at the top of the book.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: