Friday, December 5, 2008


The brown bag of goodness.
I brought this bag home one fine day about, oh, 4 or 5 years ago.
It arrived home with high hopes & even higher aspirations...
and for 4 or 5 years now I have occasionally pulled it out
and looked longingly at its contents,
sighed
and put it back on the shelf.


Until today!




Ah... the alpaca fibers from the oft-remembered trip to the alpaca open house with Josh...
*sigh!*
Now THAT was a glorious day!
Not only did Josh go with me to an event that he had no desire to attend
(just for me)
He indulged me & let me buy this fiber so I could handspin some yarn...
knowing full well that this day, 4 or 5 years hence, would come and see the fibers yet unspun.
Yes, sometimes Josh is my personal saint.

So...anyways...
fueled by the much more recent accomplishment of,
dare I say, superb homemade oatmeal raisin cookies....
the desire to try my hand at the age old technique of wet felting...
the impetus of a very limited Christmas fund
AND
the complete brain gap that comes when I try to think of something
(anything)
to give the afore-mentioned teenaged daughter for Christmas,
the gears begin to turn...



*the imagination runs wild with possibilities*
Posted by Picasa

No comments: